Riverside Business Attorney
California Business Law Attorney Helping Local Businesses
We provide a wide variety of services to our business clients from preparation of agreements, sale and purchase of businesses, obtaining financing and funding for business operations, and employee relations, to dissolution. We pursue and defend a range of commercial litigation and contract disputes including business and real estate purchase/sale agreements, vendor/customer agreements, construction and construction management agreements, employment and shareholder agreements, non-compete, non solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements for employers and employees.
Litigation can have a significant impact on a company’s ability to achieve its business objectives. We help companies involved in commercial litigation assess their options and make decisions consistent with their goals. Our commercial litigators have represented companies in complex litigation and alternative dispute resolution proceedings across a broad range of industries, from health care providers and consumer products to financial services and automobile dealers. We aggressively defend our clients’ interests in matters such as breach of contract, consumer fraud and false advertising claims, corporate governance, and mergers and acquisitions.
The form of business chosen for a business entity potentially affects every aspect of its operations. Our firm assists our clients in formation and business planning in deciding whether they want to operate as a closely held business, limited liability company, partnership, or corporation. We advise our clients about directors’ and officers’ liability, dissolution, franchising, reorganization, trade association membership and activity, joint ventures, mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, business successions, and shareholders’ rights. Our attorney has more than 10 years of experience in handling both transactional and litigation matters.
We provide a wide variety of transactional services to our business clients, including:
- Documenting and advising clients in real estate purchase/sale contracts, commercial leasing, zoning and municipal matters including subdivisions, variances, special permits, and related appeals
- Documenting construction and construction management contracts for builders, owners, and sub-contractors
- Buying and selling businesses and business interests, including stock and asset purchases and sales, management and leveraged buyouts, and mergers; management of due diligence investigations from buyer and seller perspectives
- Documenting software development and license agreements; Internet Service Provider hosting and customer agreements; software and hardware distribution, OEM & VAR re-seller agreements; hardware purchase and equipment lease agreements
- Structuring and documenting clients’ choice of business entity: corporation, limited liability company, general or limited partnership, or joint venture
- Developing alternative forms of ownership and management of the start-up entity, including: voting and non-voting common stock, convertible preferred stock, warrants and similar rights; and specialized LLC provisions
- Drafting and reviewing employment, stock option, phantom stock, bonus and profit sharing agreements; employee nondisclosure, invention assignments, non-competition, and non-solicitation agreements
- Drafting and reviewing stockholder agreements, including cross-purchase, redemption, insurance-funded buyout, voting trusts
- Drafting and reviewing license and royalty agreements (both patented and non-patented technologies); research and development agreements; employee confidentiality, invention and non-competition agreements; distribution, sales, manufacturing and joint venture agreements
- Structuring and advising clients in businesses recapitalizations, redemptions, reorganizations, and business trust formation.
It is important for businesses to keep their eyes on the bottom line to stay competitive. One of the best ways to stay competitive is to minimize losses through bad accounts. At The Mellor Law Firm, we have the experience and legal tools to collect accounts that are due and owing.